2.06.2008

This One Goes Out to the One I Love

All failed projects start with great intentions. This is one of them (or rather, two). I wanted to make giant wall hanging, magnetic Scrabble canvases. And in some crazy world, I'm not too far off. The canvases are painted with magnetic paint and then topped with acrylic paint. One got so far as to have an actual grid design on it. I kind of got frustrated because my measurements seemed to be a bit off (that's what happens when you use a classroom yard stick for minute measurements).

And what Scrabble board would be effective without tiles. Unsanded, unmarked, bowl of tiles.


Someday, I'll get around to sanding these each by hand. And then lettering them. And then putting rare earth magnets into them. And finish those canvases off. And then I'll have super sweet gifts for a couple people.

2 comments:

Miyuki said...

That's a cool project! I could help you out with those tiles.

Corinne said...

Rad! I think I might hand off a hundred to sand + one demo version of a complete one :D